Dr. Chris Walling, PsyD, MBA is a licensed clinical psychologist, psychoanalyst, researcher, and an active leader in the biobehavioral sciences. Dr. Walling is an Associate Professor in the School of Professional Psychology & Health at the California Institute of Integral Studies, the Research Chair & Past-President of the United States Association for Body Psychotherapy, and an Associate Deputy-Editor of the International Body Psychotherapy Journal. He is a Clinical Research Fellow at Kinsey Institute located at Indiana University Bloomington and serves as Vice President of Education & Outreach for the Alzheimer’s Research & Prevention Foundation. Dr. Walling’s research has surveyed the fields of somatic psychotherapy, relational psychoanalysis, and trauma psychology. He maintains a private practice in Brentwood (Los Angeles), California.
Education & Experience
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, California #28945
- Adult Psychoanalyst, New Center for Psychoanalysis, Los Angeles, CA
- Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SEP), (Dr. Peter Levine, Foundation for Human Enrichment)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Individuals Level I & Level II (Dr. Les Greenberg)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy Externship & Core Skills (Dr. Sue Johnson)
- Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy Training (Dr. Diana Fosha, AEDP Institute)
- Neurofeedback Practitioner (Othmer Method, EEG Institute)
- Certified Yoga Therapist, International Assoc. of Yoga Therapy #20591489
- Certified Ericksonian Coach (ICF), Erickson International, Canada
- Member, American Psychology Association (APA)
- Member, American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA)
- Member, International Psychoanalytic Association (IPA)
- Member of Trauma, Independent Practice, & Humanistic Psychology Division, American Psychological Association
- Member, New Center for Psychoanalysis
- Member, Los Angeles Psychological Association
- Member, United States Association for Body Psychotherapy
- Member, International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT)
Are you ready to take the first step?
As a Licensed Psychologist, I have a primary obligation and take reasonable precautions throughout your psychological services.
As a clinical researcher, I have an insatiable commitment to my own curiosity and inspiring my patient's curiosity in their internal world.
As a psychoanalyst, I am committed to creating a brave space, where the therapeutic process is preserved with a spirit of safety in service to taking the risk to grow.
As a compassionate human, my clinical work is dedicated to the practice of radical openness, radical acceptance of all that we are, and promoting our shared human dignity.
Reach out to me today!
Please complete the form below to schedule an appointment.
I will try my best to accommodate your request and will be in touch ASAP.